Saturday, May 4, 2013

Change

I know I don't write very often. Mainly because I don't remember to, but I guess I ought to get back in the swing of it because I'll beheading out to Europe again this summer and was encouraged to start a new blog for that particular adventure. So instead of creating a new one... I really can't think of a catchy name right now... I'm reflecting on how life has been like this past year.

Back in 2011 when I left for Spain I didn't really realize that my life would be in a constant state of change. I think back to my life before 2011 and realize that change wasn't my strong point. It still isn't but I've gotten better at it. And it looks like change isn't gonna stop coming for a very long time.

Change is necessary and even though I resist it I'm also looking for it. Following God requires us to change. To become more Christ like, to leave the familiar behind in order to serve, to change old habits. Change is a good one. Its grand to have our memories but thats what they are... memories. They live in our past and most of the time, we can never relive them. I'm going back to Spain this summer, not to relive my past time there but to make new memories. And as hard as it was the first time... it will be harder this time. My mom, who has always been my rock when I've traveled, passed away earlier this month. This is a new type of navigation that I haven't had to do before, a change that I'm going to have to deal with from now on.

so Change, my old friend, here we go again... off on some new adventure, to places unknown. Bring it.

No comments: