Sunday, January 22, 2012

Thankful 2012

Little known fact... My new Years Eve was pretty lame. Yes I was on a cruise, yes it was a vacation, and yes I was with my family. But heres the thing... my family likes to go to sleep early even on vacation and to be honest I'm pretty shy. I'm not one to go around flaunting my emotions or even telling people how I feel about them... sigh that doesn't always go well. So here I was sitting in the back of the Vista lounge with who knows how many other people and that silly deputy cruise director says to get up and hold hands with the people around you (yeah uh yeah that didn't happen with me), so I get up and go lean against a column and the count down commences... as we hit one all I can think of is... Thank you Jesus.

How often do we thank God, our family, our friends, the cashier, or anyone else who we interact with on a daily basis? And how often do we really mean it or is it just something we say without a thought. 2011 was a hard year, there is no way around it, but it gave me so much to be thankful for and I didn't really grasp it. 2012 is my year to be thankful, to really embrace it whether its good, bad, or ugly. I am thankful for my family, all of my wonderful friends, the places I've been, for Jesus walking with me, and for everything God has given me.

2012 will not be an easy year... its gonna be frustrating and hard, there will be twists and turns, peaks and valleys. And honestly if I hear one more time that I should join the Air Force I may just scream. I already miss traveling and I always miss my friends. I know I won't get everything that I want but I'll get everything I need. Maybe this year I need to push a little more, be more vocal with what I would like to see happen but through it all I want to thank Jesus for what he has, what he does, and what He will give me through this crazy year.

No comments: