Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Guys Make a Comeback

Lets just for one moment talk about the guys I've met this year. I should first off say that prior to this year the amount of guy friends I had were pretty slim. There were the guys at camp and during intern year but that ain't much kids. Starting this Januaray its like the guys have started coming out of the wood work.

When I was in elementtry school I had tons of guy friends. I always bonded with boys better. No clue why it was just how it happened. Trevor, Logan, Jonathon, Casey, and Rex... I knew all these guys and played with them until I moved. Yes I did have girl friends too but I was more likely to be out there playing soccer with the boys or kickball. I was a tom boy. Through out the rest of my life especially in college a majority of my friendships turned to girls. It just happened and one day I realizd that all my guy pals had sorta just slipped away.

Then bible school started and the first 2 weeks I sat next to John Dunning an 18 year old kid from Canada and the rest of the boys Johnny, Gabe, Ben, Bret, and Josh plus Josh's little brother Caleb. Man those boys I don't know what I'd do without them. They are my brothers. I know I can go to them with most anything specially Josh, Johnny, and John. Most memories from school include one of these fine gentlemen and to be honest Caleb is one of the best 12 year olds I know and I miss him terribly!

The guys made a comeback this summer as well even if those friendships weren't as strong as Bible School but they were still good. Then coming back and going on these crazy cruises well gosh kids I have to be honest the male crew have sometimes been the only ones who talk to me (with the exception of Leydi! Leydi tu eres mi favorita!). These guys on the ships well I've met them from Mexico, Serbia, Hungary, Ukraine, Peru, India, Philippines, Bali, and Malasia. Its been great having conversations with these men and seeing thier perspective on the world and what thier lives are like back home. I've appreciated them taking time to say hello to me or even tease me (mis frijoleros I'm talking about you). They have been the highlights of my trips and keeping in contact with some of them has been great.

I never really thought that guys would make a comeback in my life. Its been a good year and the guys have certianly made it more interesting.

oh that guy up there thats Ben from Canada... bible school. Yeah you just gotta love 'em.

No comments: